Call for Instructors:
Hibernate & create is seeking artists & creatives to submit class proposals for the 2021 Hibernate & Create – Hot Shops Retreat to be held at the Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha, Nebraska on February 19-21st.
Hibernate & Create RETREAT is about encouraging creativity and connecting with others. The Hot Shops RETREAT weekend allows individuals can bring their own creative projects to work on for the weekend to RETREAT, or they can RETREAT + register for classes, or just take classes.
- All mediums of art & craft will be considered.
- Instructors can submit up to 3 proposals; or may request to host up to 2 sessions of one class
- Classes that are between 1-3 hours work best for the retreat format.
- Questions: Email Kelli at email@example.com
- Proposals must be submitted online BY AUGUST 15th! (form link located at the bottom of this page). Including emailing class photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification to instructors will be emailed.
- Class registration will be available in September.
- Instructor fees & payment:
- Instructors will set their own participant class fee and class size.
- Class size will have limitations based on proposed project and available space. In general, class space will have 4 – 8′ tables and chairs.
- In exchange for class room space, registration management, class marketing and credit card processing fees, Instructors will pay a $20.00 per class and a 5% per person class registration fee. Fees will be subtracted from your instructor payment.
- Sample payment calculation: $50 class fee x 10 students = $500 less $20 management fee and 5% fee of $25 = Instructor payout of $455.
- Instructor payment will be made at the retreat, no advance payments will be made.
- Kit fees, when applicable, will be paid direct to the instructors during the class.
- Instructor requirements:
- Class Content: It is assumed that students in your class will walk away with detailed knowledge of the process and supplies for completion of their project. Instructors are encouraged to provide students with handouts of basic instructions and supply / tool list.
- Promotion: Individual Facebook events will be created for each class. Instructors with business pages are required to cross-list the event and promote the class via posts on their business page.
- Instructor bio and photo: Upon acceptance, please provide a short bio and photo to be utilized for both website and social media promotion of your class.
- Student notifications and communication:
- Instructors will be provided regular updates on student registrations, including names &emails of students prior to Retreat.
- Instructors must make themselves available via email for class questions prior to the retreat.
- Release: In submitting a proposal request form, the Instructor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sweet Creative LLC DBA Hibernate and Create and Degrees by Kelli, the Hot Shop Art Center, Crystal Forge Studio and any event sponsors or volunteers from any and all causes and action which may arise from the Hibernate and Create Retreat. I grant permission for Hibernate and Create to use any photos, videotape, etc. taken of me, my products or classes in any and all publicity and advertising promoting the retreat. By submitting the Instructor Proposal Form, I Agree and acknowledge that the form has been read and understood and that I will abide by all Rules.
Contact info for questions: Email Kelli at email@example.com
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PROPOSAL FORM (or the image below!)