Call for Instructors:
Hibernate & Create is seeking instructors to submit class proposals for the 2022 Hibernate & Create – Hot Shops Retreat to be held at the Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha, Nebraska on March 18-20, 2022
Hibernate & Create RETREAT is about encouraging creativity and connecting with others.
The Hot Shops RETREAT weekend allows individuals to bring their own creative projects (arts & crafts) to work on for the weekend to RETREAT, or they can RETREAT + register for classes, or just take classes. Click here to learn more about the RETREAT.
- All mediums of art & craft will be considered.
- Instructors can submit up to 3 proposals; or may request to host up to 2 sessions of one class
- Classes that are between 1-3 hours work best for our retreat format.
- Questions: Email Kelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposals must be submitted online via the form link at the bottom of this page; in addition a class photo(s) must be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Notification to instructors will be via email.
- Proposals are accepted until all sessions are full.
- Instructor fees & payment:
- Instructors will set their own per participant class fee and class size.
- Class size will have limitations based on proposed project and available classroom space. In general, class rooms will have four 8′ tables and 16 chairs.
- In exchange for class room space, registration management, class marketing and credit card processing fees, Instructors will pay a $25.00 per class and a 5% per person class transaction fee. Fees will be subtracted from your instructor payment. Fees help cover rental fees.
- Sample payment calculation: $50 class fee x 10 students = $500 less $25 management & marketing fee and 5% transaction fee of $25 = Instructor payout of $450.
- Instructor payment will be made at the retreat, no advance payments will be made.
- Kit fees, when applicable, will be paid direct to the instructors during the class.
- Cancellations: Student registration fees are non-refundable. If a student must cancel, or is a no-show; instructor will still receive full payment for the registered students. Students have the ability to transfer or sell their class space.
- Instructor requirements:
- Class Content: It is assumed that students in your class will walk away with detailed knowledge of the creative process and supplies for completion of their project. Instructors are encouraged to provide students with handouts of basic instructions and supply / tool list. Classes where all supplies and tools are provided generally work best for our RETREAT format.
- Facebook Promotion: Individual Facebook events will be created for each class. Instructors with business pages are required to cross-list the event and promote the class via posts on their business page.
- General Promotion: Hibernate & Create will promote the RETREAT and classes via website, email blast, printed postcards (available to instructors) and via social media platforms. Instructors are encouraged to assist in promoting the RETREAT weekend through social media sharing and tagging.
- Instructor bio and photo: Upon acceptance, please provide a short bio and photo to be utilized for both website and social media promotion of your class.
- Student notifications and communication:
- Instructors will be provided regular updates on student registrations, including names & emails of students prior to Retreat.
- Instructors must make themselves available via email for class questions prior to the retreat.
- Release: In submitting a proposal request form, the Instructor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sweet Creative LLC DBA Hibernate and Create and Degrees by Kelli, the Hot Shop Art Center, Crystal Forge Studio and any event sponsors or volunteers from any and all causes and action which may arise from the Hibernate and Create Retreat. I grant permission for Hibernate and Create to use any photos, videotape, etc. taken of me, my products or classes in any and all publicity and advertising promoting the retreat. By submitting the Instructor Proposal Form, I Agree and acknowledge that the form has been read and understood and that I will abide by all Rules.
Contact info for questions: Email Kelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE PROPOSAL FORM (or the image below!)