We had SUCH a great time with Steph of Simply Home Sweet Home for our June Crafty Mixer!
We like to describe Steph as the modern-day renaissance woman who can do it all! She paints, make soaps, gardens, bakes, has chickens, dyes fabric, chalk paints furniture, and oh so much more! We are always happy when Steph is around and glad to have her as a part of our Hibernate & Create community.
Plus, who knew you could make roses out of pepperoni’s with only a drinking glass and lots of tasty pepperoni’s. (mind blown). Enjoy the recipes that Steph has shared below and remember to join us in July for our next Crafty Mixer and invite a friend!
This is the gorgeous board that Steph put together with tips & tricks to build your own! To say the least, we all wished we were with her live and in person so that we could share in all of this tasty goodness.
Other fun ideas for themed charcuterie boards! Go Greek! A little red, white and blue perfect for the 4th of July celebrations, and take an old classic (deviled eggs) and display as a beautiful flower with tasty herbed bread on the side. Look close at this picture and you’ll see the pepperoni rose!
To kick off making your charcuterie board, start with one of these refreshing summer cocktails from the garden! Not only did Steph “mix it up” with this freshness, she also beautifully water colored her cocktails too!
A new take on an old classic! The cucumbers and herbs make it refreshing for summer.
Looking for something “berry fresh” – try this colorful gem. This one can also be made without the spirits, simply add some additional bubbly water!
This was a fun idea to add “cool flavored” ice to your beverage!
Another tip Steph shared was to freeze ice cubes with fresh mint and a touch of lemon or lime juice. Not only are they pretty, but they add a hint of flavor to cool down your drink.
This snack mix looks divine! And you can customize it with your favorite mixed nuts and make it as spicy (or not) as you would like!
Spiced Nut Mix
This recipe can handle any amount of spice and use whatever variety you wish! Make it to your liking!
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 pound of Mixed Nuts
¼ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Paprika
¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
¼ Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add nuts and Worcestershire sauce and cook, while stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until nuts are fragrant.
2. Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and briefly let them drain on paper towels before transferring to a large bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts and too to coat.
4. Set aside and let cool to room temperature before serving or storing in an airtight container.
Herb & Cheese Quick Bread
This savory bread pairs well with fresh vegetables and jams or herbed butter.
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons Sesame seeds
1 ¼ Cups flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powders
3 Large Eggs
¼ Cup Oliver Oil
½ Cup coconut milk, plus 2 Tablespoons
½ Teaspoon fine sea salt
½ Teaspoon pepper
7 oz Feta Cheese
1 Cup fresh herb leaves chopped (mixture of Italian parsley, basil, chervil, chives and mints)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9” by 5” load pan and sprinkle half of the sesame seeds onto the bottom and side, shaking the pan to coat.
2. Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl,, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese and herbs.
3. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Be careful not to overmix the batter, it is ok if a few lumps remain.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level the surface with a spatula and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the top is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes and run a knife around the pan to loosen. Unmold and transfer to a rack to cool. Cut into slices or cubes. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
We hope that you enjoyed all of this tasty goodness! Next month we are excited to feature Jenni Horne of Artsy Orange with a live paint! Sign up today!